Go to footer

The Streets of Forgorian

The Streets of Forgorian

Postby Arjen » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:50 pm

IC News Topic

The streets of Forgorian are most of the time packed with all manner of creatures. Outsiders are welcome to walk the streets, as long as they stick to Dwarven law. There are guards at nearly every street corner to make sure of that. While outsiders are welcome, it is clear they are not trusted.
Arjen
Game Master

Re: The Streets of Forgorian

Postby Arjen » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:01 pm

18th of 1st/1st of 3AGC

A town crier walks the streets of Forgorian, constantly repeating the following message so that everyone will hear it:

"HEAR YE! HEAR YE!

In thirteen days time, on the first day of the second month, first quarter, a new king will be crowned! The honoured hero and victor of the great battle of Long Ear Forest, Durgrin Thorison of the Royal Clan, has been selected by the Council of Lords to become our new king! Festivities will continue for a whole week after that day! Spread the word!"
Arjen
Game Master

Re: The Streets of Forgorian

Postby Arjen » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:12 pm

A large mass of creatures, mostly Orcs, walked the streets of Forgorian. Leading the group was a number of Orcs. Some of them carried horns or drums, which they were sounding fervently. In the centre of the lead group were two massive Orcs. The group was moving towards the centre square of Forgorian, the rest of the mass following them. Arriving at the centre, the two Orcs, along with some of the Orcs with horns and some other Orcs, stepped onto the dais located in the square. The Orcs sounded their horns, the sound of which reverberated across the mountain walls. An elderly Orc stepped forward to address the mass which was now slowly crowding into the square.

"Hear Us! Yesterday, the fourth of third, first of three A.G.C., Lord Thrakal cha-Lorzash of House Galrash has bested Lord Forgath cha-Chortek of House Arkol in single, honourable combat, during the great Ritual of Battle! Under the watchful eye of Almighty Ratish, he has has bested his opponent! Therefore, today, the fifth day of the third month, first quarter of the third year after the Great Collapse, in front of you all, he will now become the new Battleleader of the Orcs!"

One of the two massive Orcs stepped forward during the speech. The other clearly looked unhappy about the entire show. The crowd had by now filled the large central square and where shouting and cheering. After a few moments had passed, two Orcs moved from the rear, carrying an exquisite wooden box, adorned with gold and gems. When they opened it, a white glow came from the box, which was absorbed by a black "glow". The elderly Orc put up his hand for silence and the shouting and cheering of the crowd died down, all looking anxiously at what was going to happen.

The Orc took an item from the chest, a large battleaxe. It was glowing with a nearly blinding white light, the axe barely visible through the light. What could be seen, however, was exquisite, craftsmanship of a quality that even the best master smiths of the Dwarves could not begin to accomplish. The Orc held the axe sideways in front of the big Orc, Thrakal cha-Lorzash, and spoke: "Thrakal cha-Lorzash, Lord of the Eastern Sands, Master of House Galrash, do you accept the Axe of Ysrafil, symbol of the Good of Lord Ratish? Do you swear, upon your honour, upon the good name of your house, upon the name of the Great Lord of Balance himself, to serve the Orc Race, to lead us with cunning, courage and honour?!"

Thrakal cha-Lorzash stepped forward and took the axe from the hands of the other Orc. He said: "Upon my honour, upon the good name of House Galrash and under the eye of Lord Ratish, I swear to lead the Orcs. With cunning, courage, and honour I will lead our race!" Thrakal thrust the Axe upward, white light flashing from armour and other reflective surfaces around him. The crowd gave a roar of approval.

The elder Orc took another battleaxe out of the chest. Similar in shape, instead of a bright white light a black darkness enveloped this axe, draining away all the light close to it and blurring the appearance of the axe. He spoke again, the words coming easily as he had performed this ritual several times before. "Thrakal cha-Lorzash, Lord of the Eastern Sands, Master of House Galrash, do you accept the Axe of Maulûk, symbol of the Evil of Lord Ratish? Do you swear, upon your honour, upon the good name of your House, upon the name of the Great Lord of Balance himself, to serve the Orc Race and to vanquish our foes, using your cunning, your strength and your courage?"

Thrakal took the other axe from the hands of the orc. Again, he said: "Upon my honour, upon the good name of House Galrash and under the eye of Lord Ratish, I swear to lead the Orcs. I swear to vanquish our foes, using my cunning, my strength and my courage!" Thrakal now thrust p both axes, their combined magical auras creating a small vortex of swirling light and darkness above his head.

The elderly Orc spoke once more: "See! The sign of Ratish! He approves our new Battleleader! All hail Thrakal cha-Lorzash, Lord of the Eastern Sands, Master of House Galrsh, Battleleader of the Orcs! Hail! Hail!" The crowd, which by now filled several streets adjacent to the square, cheered, roared and in general showed their approval.

A new leader of the Orcs had been chosen.

OC: Pfft, dit is weer een veel te lange newspost geworden ^^
Arjen
Game Master

Return to Board index

Return to Utgard