Go to footer

Troll Ravadiana

Post your first draft, and after that, get help from the heimr community to create a cool character and get it approved.

Troll Ravadiana

Postby cahira » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:07 am

This is a young female troll/Human ! Her name is Ravadiana and she is 35 yrs old.
Her mother is a full troll but her father was Human.
They live in the city, Guardians Point and Ravadiana works as a messenger for the Utgard Alliance,which is where her father met her mother while on assiainment for The Order of The executioner.
Her father is now missing,but before he left for his assignnment he gave to his wife his pendant , a 2 headed axe which is the pendant of The Order Of The Executioner. Very strange and Not like him !
Ravadiana has been given the Pendant by her troll Mother,an old troll customs .
The Utgard Alliance is made out of Orcs, Ogres and trolls,and the Trolls are known as Trallmalu trolls.

Anyway Ravadiana is fed up with being "just a messenger"and wants to learn some magic and swordplay (this being her human part) so she makes herself dissapear ....like her Dad and travels as quickly as she can to Midgard, looking for ways to achieve her wishes. Which being a halfe troll/human has it's share of problems.

OOC. Well this is a begin, I am not sure if the concept is allowed though?
The info about the world has some contradictions which were/are very confussing and the maps need updating please. And sorry to say i found spelling mistakes which made me read it a few times to know what you meant. ( And yes my spelling stinks too-dyslexic in reading writing and numbers)

greets
Cahira.
cahira
Heimr Guest of Honour
Heimr Guest of Honour

Re: Troll Ravadiana

Postby Wilco » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:08 pm

Hey Cahira, looks very interesting. Let me see if I can give you some input.

First up, there are quite a few places in Utgard where humans aren't too welcome. So I'm guessing your character comes from a place where there is a lot of trade going on. Possibly Jallaplem, which is a group of islands inhabited by mostly Trolls and Merfolk. It's an important place for the Utgardian Aliance from which they launch their navel campaigns. Midgardians come there to trade. I believe the Havelaars are the most important traders there. You might want to talk to Jaime or Corné about them. You should also realise that as a half blood your character will be an outcast in Utgard, and also to a large chunk of Midgard. Also, half blood characters in Heimr are either infurtile or only able to reproduce full blood offspring with either one of their parent's races. We haven't quite decided which.

Because half blood character aught to be rare, most of the DMs are not in favor of them. We do allow them, but would prefer people play full blood characters. Is there any particular reason you dicided on a half blood?

Trallmalu is the name for small wild tribes, literally it means "my (ma) troll (trall) tribe (lu)", these aren't city dwellers. So I don't think that fits in. Btw. Trallvoj is not a well known language, even amoung trolls, so learning it isn't required (though it'd be really cool if you did!)

Lastly Utgardians have a serious thing against primordial (known on the Vortex as elemental) magic. They consider it to be the abuse of power and because it's the thing the Asgardians love to do, anyone caught using primordial magic, or even anyone willing to say aloud that they'd like to is likely to get killed. So devine magic is probably the way to go.

Also, feel free to write new lore for your character. Heimr is an open source project. Most of the lore has developed from people writing things for their character background, which gets picked up by others and gets added to. If you have any inspiration for your character. Like where she's from, how she was raised, what her culture is like, feel free to add it.
Ogres have layers. Standard HP + Body dev + heavy armor
Wilco
Lore Master

Postby cahira » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:10 pm

Hummm ok, thanks for this. I will rethink what i am going todo then.
The info I read was, I thought, a bit inconsistent. It kept contradicting other info about the same stuff. But hey, I'm new to this,this world and the characters too. So I shall rethink and re write.

I'll be back !
cahira
Heimr Guest of Honour
Heimr Guest of Honour

Postby Wilco » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:15 pm

What bits did you find inconsistant? Because that shouldn't be the case. If you let us know we'll look at updating things.
Ogres have layers. Standard HP + Body dev + heavy armor
Wilco
Lore Master

Postby Arjen » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:41 pm

It is quite possible that there are inconsistencies within - especially Utgardian - lore, considering not everything is kept up to date and a lot of stuff has not been properly written down yet. I shall see if I can write down some general things later today and do some updating, it should be done at one point or another anyway...

Some comments on what you wrote nonetheless:

They live in the city, Guardians Point and Ravadiana works as a messenger for the Utgard Alliance.

Guardian's Point is half-fortress, half-city and one of the primary bastions of Utgardian Alliance military. This means that it especially is not a place you want to be as a non-full blood Utgardian. Most likely, you would end up executed for spying sooner rather than later. They would at least never trust a "half-blood outsider" with sensitive messages.

The entire tendency of Utgardians toward racism and racial bigotry is something that is one of the prime "themes" within Utgard. Utgardians will trust even members of their own race only so much, let alone members of other races, or, gods forbid, members of non-Utgardian Alliance races. Essentially you end up with several "circles", where smaller circles represents less animosity and greater chance of trust.

which is where her father met her mother while on assiainment for The Order of The executioner.
Her father is now missing,but before he left for his assignnment he gave to his wife his pendant , a 2 headed axe which is the pendant of The Order Of The Executioner. Very strange and Not like him !

The Order of the Executioner is a group of mostly outcasts. Most of them do not agree with many of the philosphies held by "normal" Utgardians and hence they live separated from those. While it is possible for one of the member of the Order to meet a woman while on an assignment in Guardian's Point, he would never remain there for long. One simple change would be that he was there on assignment, met your mother in a tavern, had some fun, then left her again even while she was with child. However, then the fact that he is a member of this Order is a detail that becomes mostly irrelevant.

In addition, while not explicitly kept away from the Order, human members tend to be rare, since the views and goals of the Order do not generally reflect those of most humans.

Anyway Ravadiana is fed up with being "just a messenger"and wants to learn some magic and swordplay (this being her human part) so she makes herself dissapear ....like her Dad and travels as quickly as she can to Midgard, looking for ways to achieve her wishes. Which being a halfe troll/human has it's share of problems.

In addition to what Wilco already said about Primordial Magic, if you indeed were a messenger for the Utgardian Military and were to sneak away, you'd be branded a deserter and never be able to return. If any Utgardian caught you, you most likely would not end up executed. Instead you would get a mark burned somewhere on a very visible location (most likely your forehead), you would be tortured and mutilated and finally chased off, living the rest of your life with a mark that even many Midgardians would recognise. And any Utgardian that would encounter you would be allowed to do whatever they want with you except for killing you.

If your goal is to join the Ogre tribe, I would definitely suggest going with a more "normal" Utgardian character. The Ogres are rude and straight forward, meaning they will outright loathe you and take whatever advantage of you they can. It will most likely not be pleasant and you most likely would quickly end up an outcast from the group. While this is definitely not our OC goal, it would probably be the result since that is how or IC characters would respond.
Arjen
Game Master

Postby cahira » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:05 pm

The info on Structure of the Utgard alliance is to me a bit "OFF "when you have the info just about the Trolls also printed out,which i did. The information about Utgardian trolls is for me megge confusing while reading the other information about Trolls in general.

And where does it say on the information about The order Of The Exectioner on where they actually are? I can't find that out.

This is so tireing trying to piece everything in the right place-I am very very sorry if I seem a bit dence/dull here considering it's in my own mother language, I just wanted a troll woman that rebels against the norm for a troll and would like to beter herself.To hook up with other races maybe and become something and NOT remain a nobody.

OOC.......I love swords,am shity with them and really not strong and I so would like a character thats the opisite of the real me. Creating one is not easy as I keep falling back to the real world. And i don't want a character that dies after one game either.
P.S. Just saw your post above this one,after i had posted . I think from what you said I'll think about what to do and start over. I judt do not want to create something and end up on my own,no fun whats so ever. Maybe a human or something,dunno.
cahira
Heimr Guest of Honour
Heimr Guest of Honour

Postby Snacky » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:35 pm

Rachel if your not good enough with swords yet you could try joining us during our wednesday training in Hilversum.
you can find more info about it here: http://forum.heimr.nl/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1971
She's too small to be a meal.. she's more like a.. snack! *Lindy*
Snacky
Heimr Paragon
Heimr Paragon

Postby cahira » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:41 pm

Snacky wrote:Rachel if your not good enough with swords yet you could try joining us during our wednesday training in Hilversum.
you can find more info about it here: http://forum.heimr.nl/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1971

Wow thanks. But I live in Tilburg.
cahira
Heimr Guest of Honour
Heimr Guest of Honour

Postby Snacky » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:47 pm

And my boyfriend Bas and i usually come all the way from Rotterdam. when i first started the training i was worthless with a sword but now i can actually decently defend myself. i really think its worth it.
She's too small to be a meal.. she's more like a.. snack! *Lindy*
Snacky
Heimr Paragon
Heimr Paragon

Postby Midgard DM » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:53 pm

Haha. I now realize that the The order Of The Exectioner lore is a bit... huge in relation with the lore about other "normal" trolls.

This comes from the fact that we generally write on the lore that we like, not on the lore that is actually needed. This might be a bit disorienting for new players, since the Order isn't that important when you compare it to the amount of lore written about it. The reason we have that amount of lore is simply because we had a player (now Utgard DM) that played a troll from that order, and he liked writing about his own thought of group. ;) (Nothing wrong with that by the way)

I am learning allot from this character creation process you are taking. You are creating a character after reading the lore. (which is actually the right order, but not normally what our new players do).

Normally a new player writes a rough draft of the kind of character they want to play, and after that we tell them what lore they should read and what things they should change, so the order of the exectioner lore doesn't even come up.

So I just wanted to thank you for this realization, and am sorry for your frustration.

Anyway, the rest have helped you already quite well. And Roos and me will be helping you heavily now that we adopted you into our group concept. :D So don't worry, you are doing great with the bad lore we are providing. ;)

Arjen is working on improving that as we speak by the way. Go Arjen! Thanks buddy.
When you see the word "realism" in any Heimr discussion, please substitute "internal consistency of imagined world such that it abides by its own laws both implied and explicit, including laws such as 'elves exist' and 'magic works.'"
Midgard DM
Game Master

Return to Board index

Return to Character creation