Go to footer

Brada (gentle slow ogre soldier)

Post your first draft, and after that, get help from the heimr community to create a cool character and get it approved.

Brada (gentle slow ogre soldier)

Postby Midgard DM » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:11 pm

Brada (Concept: Gentle slow Ogre soldier, that follows his captain unto the Vortex.)

1 1 handige wapens
7 healing
5 bodybuilding
2 light armour

Personality:
Brada is a slow Ogre. He goes around things slowly and mellow. Lumbers around rocking like a gentle giant of a beast. He talks slow, he walks slow with large big arching movements of his arms and legs. His personality isn't far off. He is generally relaxed and easy to handle (but he closes himself off against or amongst non-utgardian races). When in need he can be brisk and punctual (like during a fight or if he needs to relocate quickly) but people won't be using him as a messenger boy. His personality is like a glacier, if Brada likes you he will over the years show this more and more until friendship almost seems to creep up on you, if he hates you the pressure slowly builds up over the years until one night he explains to you that leaving would be a good idea (if he thinks he is stronger that you.).

Obviously Brada doesn't make rash decisions, nor does he thinks about them for long, he simply postpones most decisions indefinably and gets irritated easily when pressured. He likes others making decisions for him.

Goals and things Brada likes doing:
- Brada likes winning fights like most Ogres, but misses some of the cruelty most ogres share. He is cruel from time to time, usually because social norms dictate this, but he seldom enjoys it. He enjoys the killing itself though as the ultimate conformation of victory. He has never fought an Elf or Fae all by himself and would like to test himself against one... but not to soon.
- Brada likes his spirit, he calls him Blood-roller. Since he "rolls back the blood". He likes to please Blood-roller by rolling around in reddish mud (or actual blood) once in a while, not realizing Blood-roller actually demands this from him.
- He likes Wana and the stories about her, but doesn't really know what to do with Wana. He hopes to learn that.
- Brada likes the sea and lakes. It reminds him of himself. Vast, slow, lumbering ever against the beach. He dislikes rivers, sees them as young frolicking impulsive things, always on the move. He wonders if the Vortex has any water, rivers or lakes or seas. All the stories about the Vortex never mention whether there are any.
- Brada wishes to learn to be like a rock on the Vortex. He won't ever be a berserker or something similar.
- Lastly Brada likes to follow his captain and all his orders on the Vortex.

Home:
Brada is part of the regiment of the wooden goat/ram(??). Or the "Wood Goat/wooden ram (??) command" as it is formally called. He sleeps, trains and eats there with the other ogres in the command in the barrack and helps carrying lumber around as a form of day job if he isn't out patrolling the Utgardian alliance border with the rest of the command.

Brada doesn't really "likes" his home, but never known anything else and has no desire to leave.

Both Brada's sisters live in the command as well, one older and one younger. The older one is actually a half-sister. Both his sisters take to their fathers and are more "fast" and impulsive than Brada. Brada's father left the command to join some tribe that went into Midgard some years ago. Brada doesn't know whether he is alive or not. Brada's mother is slow as well (she "nursed" him in the command itself). His "old" father (the one that fathered his half sister) and him get along "fine", relatively speaking for ogres, they only fought about four times, both breaking some minor bones in the process, now Brada stays away from him, having lost three of the four fights.

Brada has some friends and rivals amongst the other ogres of the command and even has a friend or two among the orcs.

Training:
Brada had little formal training within the command. He knows how to follow orders and knows his position in a battle (the flank, left from the shield wall). He also knowns how to keep still during patrol. He certainly knowns how to handle his weapons, training frequently with the other ogres in the yard.

Handling Blood-roller was "taught" to him by his true father. It was a form of good-bye gift if ogres had any concept of that. Brada thinks his father simply wanted to leave a strong son to carry on the small reputation his father build up in the command as a shaman, even though Brada himself never showed any promise of talent or interest in the realm of spirits.

Brada can't really talk with Blood-roller and needs other shamans to communicate with him, but Brada can direct and channel Blood-roller to heal the sick and wounded. Blood-roller is a fickle spirit though and isn't always around or strong enough to perform the actual healing.

Relationships with other characters:

- Command, commander: ??
- Omakh: I like his stories, but I don't like him, not sure why, I need him from time to time though. Like all shamans he has strength I don't understand.... probably one of the reasons I don't like him.
- Roos : ??
- Arjen: ??
- Ravadiana: To fast. Slow down. She does her job, that I like. Don't really note her otherwise.
- Grismar: ??
- Blood-roller: I only spoke to him about twice, and never long. I liked what I saw though. He does his job, not always though... that I don't like. Thanks dad.
- Other NPC's: ??

Religion:
If he worships anything, he worships blood-roller. He likes Wana and the stories about her, and attends ceremonies to her if he isn't doing anything important and the shamans or priests do one... but other than that, he doesn't really knowns what to do.

Primordial magic:
He has only seen primordial magic being worked twice. One time, he saw his father being burned by magical fire. His father survived and together they killed the mage, but the scarring left on his fathers chest was hideous, and his father was weak for months afterwards. The other time he saw a ritual from afar. The captain ordered to pull back when they got spotted but Brada will never forget the things he saw in that circle, three orcs where being mutilated and hacked into small pieces... for some sinister reason.

Obviously Brada hates primordial magic even though he only encountered it twice and was never the victim.

History:
The rest of Brada's history isn't that interesting. He once took a sword blow to the left shoulder that incapacitated him for weeks, he never got to kill that elf, but his buddies did.

Perks and quirks:
Brada has a dyed tattoo on his left hand. It's his connection to Blood-roller and he is often seen muttering to it when alone, he sometimes let other people, usually shamans, speak to his left hand. The tattoo is badly done and needs to be refreshed from time to time.
Brada sometimes rolls balls of clothed blood en food in his hands until they form a perfect single ball. He sits and does that just before going to sleep sometimes. Zoning out and playing with the blood cloth for a few minutes and than dozing in.
When you see the word "realism" in any Heimr discussion, please substitute "internal consistency of imagined world such that it abides by its own laws both implied and explicit, including laws such as 'elves exist' and 'magic works.'"
Midgard DM
Game Master

Re: Brada (gentle slow ogre soldier)

Postby blazingeclipse » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:21 pm

I like the background! The views about other characters are a nice touch, which reminds me of a group character building method in wich each character only discribes his or her view of the other characters. So the first person to start describes all other characters, the second person decribes all other characters (including the first person) etc.

But the character played by Cahira is called Ravadiana.

Furthermore it is taught, not thought. Thought is related to thinking or an opinion.

Could you describe the spirit a bit more in detail or will you leave that up to the shamans?
blazingeclipse
Heimr Demigod
Heimr Demigod

Postby Midgard DM » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:43 pm

I like the background! The views about other characters are a nice touch, which reminds me of a group character building method in wich each character only discribes his or her view of the other characters. So the first person to start describes all other characters, the second person decribes all other characters (including the first person) etc.

Yeah we talked about that during woven darkness. But I don't like other people building my character. :P I'll fill in the other oppions once people make their characters.

But the character played by Cahira is called Ravadiana.

Furthermore it is taught, not thought. Thought is related to thinking or an opinion.

Check. Thank you.

Could you describe the spirit a bit more in detail or will you leave that up to the shamans?

Brada doesn't know allot about the spirit. But the shamans should play this consistently, so I'll write him in more detail some time later (unless you want to do that together with Arjen).
When you see the word "realism" in any Heimr discussion, please substitute "internal consistency of imagined world such that it abides by its own laws both implied and explicit, including laws such as 'elves exist' and 'magic works.'"
Midgard DM
Game Master

Postby blazingeclipse » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:53 pm

Both are fine by me. It would be a bit more logical if you did not know OC as much as you would IC, but it is your character in the end. I highly doubt you, as an experienced player, will be much hindered by more OC knowledge.
blazingeclipse
Heimr Demigod
Heimr Demigod

Postby Wilco » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:56 pm

Ok, dus we hebben oma, barrie, trol en orc. Tof! Looks like fun guys.
Ogres have layers. Standard HP + Body dev + heavy armor
Wilco
Lore Master

Postby Midgard DM » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:05 pm

Je vergeet Arjen en Roos. :)
Midgard DM
Game Master

Postby Wilco » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:06 pm

die nog geen naam hebben, duh
Ogres have layers. Standard HP + Body dev + heavy armor
Wilco
Lore Master

Postby Davy » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:17 pm

Gaat druk worden zo, denk dat mijn troll zoiets gaat hebben van oh nee, nog meer van die gasten :)
Davy
Heimr Paragon
Heimr Paragon

Postby blazingeclipse » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:07 pm

Haha, hoe meer zielen hoe meer vreugd?
blazingeclipse
Heimr Demigod
Heimr Demigod

Postby cahira » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:06 pm

Erm...my character is not fully finished yet...I thought it did not get the full "OK" And I have been waiting for a reply to my sms and pm about the next meeting so you guys can help me out..

Greets
Cahira.
cahira
Heimr Guest of Honour
Heimr Guest of Honour

Postby nallath » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:21 pm

Just post your character, people will post their improvements on it.
nallath
Heimr Demigod
Heimr Demigod

Postby Midgard DM » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:37 pm

Ah yes, the next meeting. >< Still don't have a date. Will work on that after the next woven darkness. Sorry about that. Keep bugging us. :)
Midgard DM
Game Master

Return to Board index

Return to Character creation