Go to footer

Nim the Ogre - work in progress

Post your first draft, and after that, get help from the heimr community to create a cool character and get it approved.

Nim the Ogre - work in progress

Postby Copperarm » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:04 pm

Still working on this... No inspiration for my background yet. :S

Nim (Concept: Loyal unfriendly experienced warrior.)

1 1 handige wapens
3 Polearms
5 bodybuilding
3 medium armour

Punten besteed 12

Personality:
Nim is an experienced fighter.
She has a short temper.
She likes eating meat.
She likes to fight.
She likes to shout.
She is easily agitated.
She has six siblings.
Two of them are dead.
They were killed.
By Asgardians.
She dislikes Asgardians.
She likes Wana.
She likes short stories.
She likes Spirits.
She likes Short stories about spirits and Wana.
She likes her squad.
She likes the people in her squad.
She likes being loyal to the people in her squad.
She dislikes walking in the rain.
She likes the sun.
She likes her spear.
She likes killing animals.
With her spear.
Copperarm
Event Master

Re: Nim the Ogre - work in progress

Postby blazingeclipse » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:17 pm

Might I suggest that you add some strengths of character to this character? You write that the character is short tempered and easily agitated, but are there some redeeming qualities? Such as highly loyal (even tough being easily provoked she has a few close friends who can always count on her support) or perhaps a very quick and nible mind (which results in sometimes being easily agitated?). Or it might of course be that the character is not likable at all and is generally just pissed off very quickly, but that might get boring to play.

It would seem to me however, that writing such a list of likes and dislikes is actual a rather good method to write a character. It reminds me a bit of the film Amelie, where the characters where introduced by their strange habits, likes and dislikes.

Furthermore, the drawing looks absolutely -stunning- but I already told you this. The quality, pose and clear style are what I would definitely love to see in the (eventual) Heimr lore-book/ruleset. For the actual costume it needs a bit more details, bits and pieces like jewelry and individualizations but those are difficult to predict before making them. The leather armor especially has my interest, as my shaman still needs an armor design, so I'll think i'll blatantly steal this design. Have you considered the issues with armor in the chest area for females? I'm no expert in female armor, but I can imagine it might get a bit uncomfortable if designed incorrectly.

Is that scale-mail on the shoulders btw? It will probably look awsome if you'd use soft iron scale and rings and then make it rust with accid or just leave it outside to rust. Such a small patch will also not be too expensive. It would be awsome if we'd all have more or less the same style of armor. I will open a discussion on the lore forum considering styles of clothing and armor.
blazingeclipse
Heimr Demigod
Heimr Demigod

Postby Copperarm » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:18 pm

Thanks for the compliment! (Again but I like compliments!)

Loyal was already written in my concept but now I added a couple of sentences to the squad bit of the description. It's indeed clearer that way.

I just started with likes and dislikes since I didn't really know where to go. I have been adding and subtracting things from this list for two days now while working on the picture. I'm gonna keep adding to the character the upcoming week. (Ill be working on my MET char at the same time since I should finish that too... :s)

Indeed the costume needs more detail, I figured I'd just make that up as we go and I'm gonna need a little more lore for this. You are totally welcome to steal this design! I did not yet think about the whole breasts in armor thing yet, I think I will need to make one (or something like this) before I know for sure what works. I know that chainmail is doable for women an that also presses your breasts down so I do think it could work just fine. It is indeed scalemail, this characters wears medium armor so I also plan to give her more metally parts on the armor when I am actually making it.

I will join in on the clothing discussion since I have a couple of ideas and, I might make functional realistic costume and character design the subject of my final assignment for my masters degree.
Copperarm
Event Master

Postby nallath » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:51 pm

I would add scale for upper leg protection aswell. Scale armor is really awesome, relatively easy to make, and unique (for a dutch larp that is).
nallath
Heimr Demigod
Heimr Demigod

Postby blazingeclipse » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:13 pm

But that would look a bit silly in combination with the net on the upper legs, no?
blazingeclipse
Heimr Demigod
Heimr Demigod

Postby nallath » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:03 pm

Nope, layers!
nallath
Heimr Demigod
Heimr Demigod

Return to Board index

Return to Character creation